January 25, 2011

WALKING!

I love my walks they are about my favorite thing to do each day. It helps me focus, I sort through everything that is on my mind, and I find that when I walk my day just goes better. I am happier and in result I am a better mama to my kids. And even though I spend somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half walking I just seem to get way more done.
The past week it has just rained and rained and rained. And it has stopped me for my daily stroll. But today I was determined rain or shine... and rain it was.
So I gathered Elizabeth and accessories... sippy cup, snack, 2 blankets (you simply can't travel with just one) loaded her into BOB with it's handy rain cover and off we went.
It was so great to be out. The rain was a little heavy at first but it soften. And guess what I saw










SPRING!



Blossoms on the tree. Heather blooming. Somewhere in the week of rain Spring is finding its way! 
Aren't you so excited!


My walk turned out great. My friend J was just coming home as I passed her house and she asked if I wanted a walking partner. Of course! So I got to talk with a friend today. 
Elizabeth fell asleep and somehow feels that her 20 minute power nap is all the rest she needs today. I think differently. Well see who wins.


***she won. No nap today. But she went to bed early!

1 comment:

Jeremy Saunders said...

I miss our walks! And I totally understand about the piano practice. That is exactly what happens to me on a daily basis to the point I begged them to call me to primary pianist, just so I could practice, it didn't last long until they called me to something else, I guess Heavenly Father wants me to do it on my own!
mimi