April 7, 2014

the teenager

I love you Jared


Apparently that statement is embrassing
we can't say these things in a public places like the school drop off

His birthday was actually 2 weeks ago 
so I'm slow 
hey! we can't be perfect all the time!

his Grandma and Grandpa Johnston came up and took him out of school and to lunch on Friday
I didn't get a picture of them with him
(bad mom)
afterwards they hung around with Ms. Grace and made Easter bunnies
(actually that was Grandma I don't know what Pop did)

they stayed for dinner then came with us to Alex's clarinet choir recital
(no picture of that either, I really am doing bad these days)


His actually birthday was Saturday and we have an official teenager  (scary)

that day he had his wrestling finals in Anacortes
I think he liked wrestling 
sometimes its hard to tell the difference between like, hate and total indifference
The other kids were home so we took Jared to a late lunch at one of my favorite places!
he liked it too
then he came home and crashed....
he had to be at the middle school at 5:45am

it was hard this year the things he wanted are getting to be out of our general budget 
we got him a couple of small things book, gift card, candy...
then we went 1/2's on a new to him mountain bike
both he and Eric agree its totally awesome so I'll say its totally awesome too!

as requested
Pizza for dinner and
toffee cheese cake





I didn't get a picture of him and Eric and I so I'll have to grab that soon
somehow he didn't want one

We love you Jared we are so grateful you came into our lives 

No comments: