February 1, 2011

Not good

Well Saturday turned out to be quite the day. I got to have a few moments to myself which I filled with buying these fun and fabulous shoes 
and grocery shopping, again this week, really where does all that food go? 
Well, I came home to this...



Yeah, not good.  I'm thinking the gods of chaos got jealous of my new efficient dish washing scheme and decided to pay us a visit. 

What Happened? You asked. Thank you! 
In short, basic, simple terms... a metal object probably one of the spoons I am missing got caught on/over the heating element. Causing the dishwasher to over heat and melt out the bottom. Dispensing dirty dish water onto my floor. It became trapped between the flooring and the sub floor. There was never any water on the surface but we recently notice our floor was starting to wrinkle. At first it was just a little bit, but then one day it seemed to be everywhere. Eric pulled out the dishwasher , pulled up the floor. Let me just say it didn't smell very good in my house for a few days. Boys carried water soaked boards to the truck. Mopped up the standing water and pulled out the fans.


Well one good thing. Alberston's was giving away free flowers! 

Flowers always brighten a day, right!


FREE DISHWASHER!

Any takers? 

5 comments:

Diane Conn said...

I'll trade you your dishwasher for my dog.

Amy Coons said...

Oh man. That's bad. Good luck on getting everything back to a good state. Yuck.

P.S. I actually laughed out loud at the flower part. ;)

Diane said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your floor. What kind of new floor are you going to get?

Tara said...

I LOVE your shoes! And, who doesn't want a new dishwasher?

KellyAnne said...

That is terrible! I'm sorry!
Free flowers though? Wow, too bad I missed THAT one!