April 18, 2014

whats been happening

I have wanted to do this for at least a year
so spring break wad the perfect time to get it done!

Eric said it was white
it's not
it's Whispering Spring!
which is a super light blue
I picked this color last year and loved it
but never had the time and money to actually paint
I bought a sample size and Alex helped me up it on the wall
"IT'S white" says Eric
so the next day I went back to the store and brought home
at least 15 more color cards
and asked him which one he liked
he told me he didn't care and to do what I wanted
so....
Whispering Spring it is!


 I had a few helpers

 everyone did a little something

 I can't believe how much brighter it is!!
we got the room all done
then laid down on the bed looked up and discovered 
the ceiling now looked brown 
well sand color anyways
So back to the store for more paint!
did you know there are at least 50 colors of white?
including the color that was already on the ceiling
but I ended up buying Chantilly Lace 

I had a really hard time painting the ceiling
Eric was a huge help


we are 99% done which is what we specialize in
we ran out of paint and we haven't had time to finish it
and I still need to paint the trim (its never been painted but who keeps track of these things)

but it looks so much happier
it reflects the light
and I am excited to finish up the room with some new bed linens, pillows, lamps etc and have a real decorated room like other grown up people!
hey maybe I will go crazy and hang something on the wall!

Maybe soon I will have finished room pictures for you!

No comments: