November 10, 2014

the trip

OK back in summer
if we can remember that 
I took a trip
the trip was suppose to be  for my father 80th birthday
but things change 
it turns out only Grace, Tyler and I flew to Utah and spent two weeks there 

a few highlights
Brick Oven
been a favorite of mine since I was a kid!

24th of July Celebrations!
aren't cousins the best!

crafts with Aunt Joan!!
Grace wanted to celebrate her birthday with Laura
so they had a cousin party for her


 somehow I didn't manage to get a picture of the family dinner but the clouds were cool!
 splash park
Grace loved it! Tyler wouldn't go?
 Utah monsun season
 the best city pool I've ever been to!




other changes that were made to this trip was
Eric, Alex and Jared were suppose to come a get me after they finished Scout camp
for several reasons that didn't happen
so my sweet sister and niece drove me and my crazy kids home!
after a late start, a flat tire and I can't even remember what else happened 
we were just getting to Twin Falls Idaho when the sun was going down
Amazing!!
I made Joan stop on the bridge (there was a pull out) and I jumped out of the car and took a picture
I have a thing for sunsets
we didn't spend the night here
we unfortunately stopped for dinner
which made us sick…...

day 2 of the drive went better and Tyler and Grace are so easy to travel with
we were just coming to the mountains when the sun set 
I had to get another picture
this one is just thru the windshield so don't mind the squished bugs!

back home!
Joan and Laura only had 1 day to "vacation"
so to downtown Oak Harbor
exciting place!

Sunset on the beach
Laura's request!


blurry picture but I don't have many pictures with these 2 amazing gals!

Alex says we have the same smile
I don't know you might be able to tell we are related
happy day
there visit was too short
but we made the most of it

OK the catch up will continue

No comments: