June 23, 2014

quick trip

I had an unexpected quick trip to California

I brought special pictures for Grandpa from his youngest granddaughter
its a picture of the 2 of them!
and he sent him her heart :)
I got to plant flowers in pots that belonged to my grandmother
aren't they the most perfect color of green!


of course there were games!
what would a trip to California be without playing cards with everyone and crooning with Crosby and Como?


we were driving home and I suddenly yelled
I need a picture!!
the walnut orchard we were passing was so beautiful 
and it reminded me so much of my grandpas



we headed to the movies
loved this theater
recliner seats for everyone!

the first pictures with me and my sisters in years!
I think you can tell we are related

Ok this is so my dad
so I had to share 

My Laura and my Todd!

Quick trip but it was so worth it!

1 comment:

Amy Coons said...

You know I am majorly going to comment on this!! I love seeing the games...of course! All your sisters! I love the orchard pictures...I need to take some pictures myself. We didn't have orchards in the family, but hello, they are everywhere. The clean ground nut orchards, the orchards with the grafted tree onto a different trunk, and the unending straight rows that are captivating as you drive by. It looks like it was a great trip! Good times. I hope it was for fun and not emergency reasons.